The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin is a state agency whose mission is to “Oversee and facilitate the efficient and fair provision of quality utility services in Wisconsin.” The PSC’s mandate includes but is not limited to:
- ENSURING FAIR PRICING for utility services to customers and to utility investors;
- ENSURING utility services are provided in an efficient AND environmentally responsible manner; PROTECTING the interests of both investors and customers and ensuring that securities issued by utilities meet the needs of the utilities; PROVIDING FAIRNESS in transactions between utilities and their customers, other utilities, and other entities specifically provided protection by law;
- ADJUSTING oversight of utilities according to the level of competition in their markets and according to the degree of customer satisfaction with their services;
- EDUCATING Wisconsin citizens on utility issues and promoting their involvement in the decision-making process.
- Ensuring QUALITY as defined by customers’ needs;