Help influence the final version of the Federal Environmental Impact Statement!
This is most likely our LAST and surely BEST opportunity to impact the decision about Cardinal-Hickory Creek at the FEDERAL level.
The latest on submitting your comments
Written Public Comment Period:
Written comments on the Draft Federal EIS are due April 1, 2019.
Public Comment Meetings
RUS is working on scheduling dates for these meetings; we will publicize them once we have specifics.
Is there a hierarchy of importance given to types of comments?
You can submit comments ahead of Public Meetings by email,
You can submit comments ahead of Public Meetings by snail mail,
You can submit written comments at one of the Public Meetings, or
You can give oral comment at a Public Meeting
What you should write:
- Any comment is helpful. Consider: What’s your interest? Why are you bothering to comment? How would you be affected by CHC? Avoid merely stating that you are opposed to CHC. Include your reasons why. If you submitted a comment two years ago, it’s better not to restate it since all prior comments were addressed in the Draft EIS. Instead, you should reference your prior comments and then state that you do not understand how/if it has been addressed in the draft EIS.
- Even Better Add specific details about how the property, business or organization, etc. you care about would be negatively impacted.
- A+ Comments Those submitted by experts in their field of expertise.
- If you know of limitations or omissions in the draft EIS, please explain them.
- Citations and other documentation: If possible, please reference any documentation from sources such as academic journals. (Not required.)
- You can use points from your recent state scoping letter to the PSC. After explaining a concern(s) add, “How will this concern be addressed in the final Federal EIS?”
Reading the Draft of Federal EIS: For those willing to peruse the DEIS, we are directing you to two places we think are most useful. Use this link: https://www.rd.usda.gov/publications/environmental-studies/impact-statements/cardinal-%E2%80%93-hickory-creek-transmission-line
- The Table of Contents – where you can find topics that are of interest to you
At top of page from link, Click on “Volume 1, Chapter 1-3”
Once there at title page, scroll down through “Executive Summary,” which is 20 pages long.
After page ES-20 you will see Page 1 of the Table of Contents.
Within Table of Contents click on item that interests you and it will take you to applicable page. All page numbers are links that will bring you to the section you want.
- Public Comments – that were written two years ago by 379 people for federal EIS Scoping. To refresh your memory about your own comment/s or to read comments from others: Near bottom of page from link find “Public Comments,” and click on applicable letter in alphabet.
Addresses for Letters:
Mail SWCA Environmental Consultants
Attn: Cardinal-Hickory Creek EIS
80 Emerson Lane Suite 1306
Bridgeville, PA 15017